The end of a Zacchaeus Course is the beginning of a new stage in life!
Committing oneself and becoming active – is also part of the Zacchaeus Course, while continuing to put the Social Doctrine of the Church into practice in one’s work, family, in society, and all one’s activities.
From leading or starting a Course to involvement in society, or in economic or political life, or to involvement in a parish or a Church movement, there are numerous initiatives to suit the wishes, calling and stage in life of everyone.
Here are a few ideas of things to which Zacchaeus “graduates” have already committed themselves and taken the plunge. The list is not exhaustive; you can add your own ideas. Above all, everyone should discern what suits them according to the progress they have made.
Involvement in the Zacchaeus Course:
- Starting a new Zacchaeus Course
- Joining the team organizing a Course in a subsequent year
- Giving talks (for the Zacchaeus Course or for workshops at the Summer Sessions at Paray-le-Monial)
- Offer your skills to help in the spread of Zacchaeus Courses (publicity, web, translation, etc.)
>> Contact: email@example.com
Involvement in the Church:
- Involvement in one’s parish
- Baptism, confirmation and marriage preparation, children’s’ catechism
- Leading the singing at Mass
- Soup runs/ Meals for the homeless
- Visiting the sick
- Support networks
- Visiting prisoners, leading the singing at prison Masses
- Involvement in various organisations (for example, leading a scout group)
- Promoting œcumenical or inter-religious dialogue
- A call to join a lay community
Involvement in society:
- Political and civil life (involvement in a political party, a lobby group, etc.)
- The world of work (involvement in a trade union, etc.)
- Economic life (active solidarity within a company, etc.)
- Study groups (think tanks, etc.)
- Involvement in clubs and associations: